Vietnam Project Manager/ Program Officer
New Energy Nexus SEA – Vietnam Project Manager/ Program Officer
The Nexus SEA – Vietnam Program
New Energy Nexus (www.newenergynexus.com) is a smart energy startup support initiative. We support energy entrepreneurs throughout the region to create new innovative energy startups that will help to build Vietnam’s clean energy economy.
New Energy Nexus started in Southeast Asia in collaboration with Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ) to build an ecosystem of clean energy entrepreneurs working on solutions to address this regional energy growth and the climate change situation.
New Energy Nexus launched its Vietnam program in March 2019. We are now looking for a full-time Project Manager based in Ho Chi Minh City. The position will support the Program Manager in managing the Nexus Vietnam program to ensure successful implementation of the energy startup program and related activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Program Administration & Implementation
- Support Program Manager in the planning, management and implementation of NEX SEA program in Vietnam
- Organize events, workshops, trainings, boot-camps on smart energy topics
- Facilitate speakers and startups, implement marketing & social media activities: invitation, press release, newsletter, video, photo, website, translation & interpretation, logistics and administrative preparation
- Manage the engagement of startups in NEX cohort and provide support needed to help startups succeed in the program
- Manage database of key contacts, liaise with our network of energy professionals, mentors, partners and startups for their active engagement in the program
- Research & identify relevant service providers for NEX activities, including trainers, facilitators, business advisors, designers etc.
Fundraising & Partnership Activities
- Research on potential funders in country to understand their goals & objectives (Energy companies, foundations, government agencies), identify interested organizations and craft customized proposals for pitching
- Participate in industry events and initiate meetings with key market stakeholders
- Develop a network of energy professionals, mentors, program participants and partners, manage the contact database
- Stay up-to-date on any relevant clean energy events and news
- Undertake any other tasks as assigned by the Program Manager, including managing and coaching program assistants or interns.
The position will be full time and based in Ho Chi Minh City. Duration is 1 year with possible extension, starting September 2019.
- Passionate about energy startups and clean tech!
- Minimum 2 years of working experience with startup incubator and accelerator programs
- Experience with organizing professional events and implementing marketing, communication and social media activities
- Entrepreneurial and fast moving, highly self -disciplined to work in a global team with different locations and time zones
- Professional fluency in English and Vietnamese
- Professional knowledge or experience in the smart energy sector
- Existing network in the startups community, including incubators, accelerators, investors and relevant service providers
- Design skills with the ability to use relevant softwares and tools
- Highly creative person with the ability to come up with new ideas and concepts to design the program activities
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV with 3 contacts for reference to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted by September 15th, 2019.
The subject line email of the application should follow this format: Nexus VN Project Manager_FirstName_LastName.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Compensation is competitive and in line with local standards.